Well, one of us got a good nights rest.
Dr Birch added a few stitches to her incision last night and that got the bleeding under control. These new stitches are going to make her scar a bit uglier, but what do you do? Every little noise, touch, and light seemed to just agitate her more so I decided to leave just after 10:00 since my presence wasn't doing any good. Her temp & BP were still high when I left. Her night nurse said she moaned and cried in her "sometimes sleep" all night. She wants so badly to sleep on her tummy but obviously that is out of the question so we have to keep her restrained because she keeps trying to roll over! Out of desperation the nurse gave her Pedialite really early this morning and said she liked it so much that she was mad and almost threw the bottle at her when it was gone. She has had a little formula this morning and is tolerating that well. I think the nurse got tired of listening to her and the morphine wasn't cutting it so she gave her Adivan a little bit a go to sedate her. She is sedated pretty good right now and FINALLY sleeping comfortably. Her BP and temp are looking better this morning. They plan to remove her main chest tube sometime today. She also had the cath removed. So, we are cruising right along. The plan is to get her moved up to the floor tomorrow morning, depending on how the rest of the day goes. I can't believe it! We will be giving up our posh bed space here shortly and be moved to the bigger area of the PICU. Things are looking amazingly well so far today. Thanks again for all the prayers and support!
Michele
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I can't believe how well she's doing, either! She'll be home for her birthday, at this rate! I'm glad you got some sleep. I hope her today goes better than her yesterday. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date.
LeAnne
What a cutie! I'm glad she is doing well.
Love
Ashley
It was great getting to chat with you both last night.
You asked about my kids, well they were both very happy to see me when I finally got home after my trip to PCMC. It's good that they appreciate me!
I am so glad that Taryn seems to be doing pretty well with recovery and I pray it continues. She is such a cutie!
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment