Monday, April 28, 2008
Recovery
Taryn looks good...at least she did until she woke up. She is not happy about her current state. They are trialing her off the vent right now and hoping to extibate her soon - in an effort to make her happier. She is running a high fever (102.5) and they can't seem to get that to go down. Her blood pressure is also really high. They have her really dropped up on Versed and Morphine but she is refusing to relax and keeps holding her breath and turning lovely shades of blue & purple! I'm not real excited about hearing her scream, she may be mad right now but its just the beeping of the monitors she sets off that we are listening to now. Once they extibate her the peace in the PICU will cease! They have her tied down so that she doesn't rip any lines out while she is throwing these silent fits. Wish me luck, it could prove to be a long night...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Poor thing -- you and her! Maybe you should take a nap here soon... Is it normal for the temp and blood pressure to be high? When do they think that will subside?
Michele, Kenny and family. I'm so happy that Taryn's doctors are so optimistic about her surgery. It is really normal for children to be upset after surgery, and to be "tied down" and on a vent, too.... I'd be annoyed if it were me! I'm sure she'll be her happy self in no time. Good luck with that fever and blood pressure. I will continue to pray for you and Taryn (and that everyone/everything will be fine at your home in your absence.) Love, Michelle
I am sorry that she is having a more difficult time with the fever. I am glad she is feisty though, and hope she will calm down soon. We will come by tomorrow. What bed are you guys in?
Hugs,
Emily and Mike Gourley
I hope when she is extubated she wont have her little crying fits. Thatcher HATED the tubes. Once they took that out he wouldnt get so upset. I think they get so scared when they cant hear themselves it makes it even worse. I will pray for Taryn tonight and I will pray that you are able to get some sleep.
Much Love,
Tami (Thatchers Mom)
Post a Comment