I must confess, I would much rather read YOUR blog than post updates on mine. I sit down to do it, decide I’ll first catch up on how everyone is doing so I read a few blogs, and then decide that there really isn’t much to post. If I were raising some of my nephews I could entertain you with tales of toilet paper allergies and clay poop issues (thanks Ryan & Aaron), but alas, our home is female dominated. If we were a movie we would be a drama, and frankly I’m partial to comedies. (I actually prefer suspense thrillers but we don’t want to go there.) So, here is the update. Warning: If you dislike documentaries stop reading now and just scan through the photos.
Ok then, please try not to doze off...
Sick & Snow (and sick of snow and sick of sickness) - throw in lots of work and a little basket ball and that pretty much sums up the last six weeks. Taryn got really sick just before Christmas and since then has either a runny nose or a cough, they just keep cycling. The other three girls got the flu a few weeks ago (so much for flu shots) and so did Kenny. Of course, I didn’t have much sympathy for him since he didn’t get a the shot, insisting that he doesn’t get sick! Speaking of Kenny...he has done some cool freelance work recently. He shot 3 or 4 episodes for HGTV’s "What’s My House Worth" and some interviews for the "Dr. Phill" show. If you have activity ideas for young men, besides shoveling snow, he would greatly appreciate them since that is the aspect of his calling that causes him the most frustration.
Parker enjoys camping just as much as I do so he wasn’t disappointed when his scout troop canceled their klondike derby. He has a few more games and a fun shot tournament before we wrap up basketball season. We are so proud of him for making the honor roll last semester at school.


Michaela enjoyed playing basketball this year too. While she was off track she made some pretty scarves with the knitting machine she got for Christmas. (Taryn is modeling the first one Michaela made.)
Bridget is having a birthday in six weeks, I know this because she recites her "what I want for my birthday" list to me EVERY day. Ainsley loves attending her new Sunbeam class and never tires of all the snow to play in.




Taryn has accomplished a few things while being in isolation this winter. She cut her first two teeth a few weeks ago and is currently working on another. She is mobile but not officially crawling on all fours yet, she’s still in that stage where she’s using her stomach to buff the floors. Speaking of floors...she is obsessed with licking the tile floors in the basement! ICK!! I’m certain it’s because she likes how cold they are, not how clean they are. I can’t keep her off of them. When we take her down there to play she crawls/scoots like crazy to get to the tile and then just lays there face down with her tongue hanging out of her mouth! I yell at her and she just laughs! I’m sure the Lysol company is thrilled that I’ve added floors to my daily regimen spraying of every knob, switch, handle, banister, faucet, baby toy, and phone in the house! I recommend buying stock. Taryn will be 9 months old on Tuesday! Hard to believe.
I have been doing a lot more business this last month and am looking forward to attending regional convention this weekend. The kids are looking forward to having Uncle Gavin and Aunt Kara come to babysit.
Well, that’s about it from here...you can wake up now...


.jpg)


6 comments:
Michele and Kenny,
We loved the blog and the pictures!! The kids are adorable and we miss them so much when we see them. We can't believe how good Taryn looks. It's absolutely a miracle!! Keep smilin' and keep us informed about all the happenings. We love it!!
Love ya,
Dad and Mom
LOVE the Pink! Sorry boys! But the pink is very appropriate for the Kingsfords Klan! See ya this weekend!
Wahoo!! A new background AND a new post!! Sorry about the sickies. Never fun. But I'm glad to hear everything else is good. Kudos to Kenny and his side work. Let us know when they air.
Wow, I have to admit that I was in total shock when I came to visit your blog, its nice to see an update...I always know with that many kids, there is always something going on in that house. I like the new color and pictures you've added to your blog!!!
Hugs, Mike
You are a very busy family! You have lots to post - just not enough time! I'm the same way - love to read others but don't like to do my own! Cute pictures.
Yeah. . . an update from you. No, I didn't even yawn. Cool pictures and oh, that little one wanting to stick her tounge out of the tile. YUCK!!! What is it with kids?
I hope your conference went well but just so you know, and you were missed yesterday at the meet and greet.
Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment