.jpg)
Taryn had her sedated echo and other tests with cardiology last Thursday. Dr Saarel, the cardiologist, didn’t have the final results of the echo when she met with us after we were done in recovery but she thought the preliminary results looked good and that we could go another month or two before surgery. Unfortunately that’s not the case.
We got "the call" from the surgery department this afternoon. Dr Saarel also called to let me know the results - she just isn’t getting enough flow through her pulmonary artery and the VSD is also narrowing. They want to repair it before she gets worse and has to go on oxygen or her heart starts going into failure. They feel that her size makes her a good candidate for surgery as well. So, the verdict is to do surgery sooner rather than later. We are scheduled for March 31st and check in for pre-op on the 30th. Her case will be discussed in Cardiology Conference next week, where Dr Hawkins (her surgeon) and the team will finalize the plan for how to do the repair. Dr Saarel informed me that, if she makes it through surgery, she has a high risk for needing a pace maker once they close off the VSD, which is new information.
I mentioned that Taryn is currently sick - she came down with a cold on Sunday, thanks to Ainsley who loves to share everything - and I hoped she would be well by then. I was told to get her into the pediatrician TODAY and, if needed, get her on an antibiotic to help her get rid of the crud. One of her ears had fluid in it so the doctor is treating it as an ear infection and we should be snot free in a few days, thanks to a new Rx. She has to back on the 27th to be rechecked and "cleared" for surgery. We pray this will do the trick so that we don’t have to reschedu
le.
I mentioned that Taryn is currently sick - she came down with a cold on Sunday, thanks to Ainsley who loves to share everything - and I hoped she would be well by then. I was told to get her into the pediatrician TODAY and, if needed, get her on an antibiotic to help her get rid of the crud. One of her ears had fluid in it so the doctor is treating it as an ear infection and we should be snot free in a few days, thanks to a new Rx. She has to back on the 27th to be rechecked and "cleared" for surgery. We pray this will do the trick so that we don’t have to reschedu
le.I know many of you reading this are wondering what you can do to help. I don’t really know yet as I’m still trying not to freak out that I only have 10 days to prepare! (Seriously, how am I going to get her scrapbook done by then?!) Thankfully the girls are off track from school so Ainsley and Bridget are going to Idaho Falls to have fun with their cousins (thanks Ryan & Tiff) and Michaela wanted to stay with Aunt Megan to help her with her girls. We'll figure Parker and the rest out as it comes. What we could really use are your positive thoughts and prayers for our family, Taryn and the doctors and nurses who will be caring for her. If you would like to fast in Taryn's behalf next Sunday the 30th, we would be so grateful!


4 comments:
I was shocked to read the latest, as I thought things were going pretty good. We will definitely participate in the Fast on the 30th for Taryn.
Scott and I will do whatever we can to help you guys out even if that just means sitting with you.
I hope Taryn that she can recover from the cold/ear infection soon so she can have the surgery, since it's so needed.
You might want to talk with your pediatrician about considering an antibiotic shot (Rocefin) instead of oral antibiotic since then it gets into the bloodstream faster . I know that is the only thing that works for Cole with his ear infections.
Hugs,
Carolyn
I will pray that things go smoothly for Taryn. I freaked out when they told me that if Kelsi's sinus node didn't recover she'd have to have a pacemaker. Well it didn't and she does have one and I am now at peace knowing that if her heart doesn't beat at a normal rate the pacemaker would do it for her and we wouldn't have to worry.
I have to go back to work on the 31st so maybe we can do dinner or a Saturday lunch.
Ashley
If there's anything we can do plese let us know - we're certainly praying and will fast for little Taryn.
Michele,
The pictures of Taryn are adorable!! She is such a cutie! We let everyone know on the blog about the surgery and the fast. We love the pictures of Bridget. What a beautiful daughter you have!
Love,
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment