Just a quick update on Taryn...Her Cardiology Visit was this morning and I'm happy to report the trip there was more eventful than the actual visit. (We were running late due to nasty traffic and then she threw up as I was getting her out of her car seat...too much fun before 9 am for me!) It took three of us to hold her down to get x-rays. I talked them into letting me wear the big heavy lead apron thing and stay with her, which helped a little but she HATES being restrained and is quite the fighter so it wasn't easy. After that she gave the carido nurse a run for her money trying to get the rest of the tests and EKG. I had to stand on the scale w/ her and then let her stand across then hall and protest while they weighed me alone so we could get her weight. BTW, if you want to feel better about your size I highly recommend weighing yourself in Kilograms, the numbers are much lower! The good news is that she is great. All the tests look great! Her energy level is of no concern (mine is another story, however) and she won't need to do synagsis (RSV) shots again this winter, yea! I asked Dr Sarrel if the look of her sternum will improve as she grows, it pokes out quite a bit and hurts her when she bumps into things. She said that they all heal differently and, unfortunately it won't likely flatten out as she grows. Oh well, we'll take a few scars and protruding bones in exchange for a fixed heart! We feel very blessed that she is doing amazingly well!
I promise to do an update on the family soon....


3 comments:
Glad to hear such a good report of Taryn's appointment! Jacob has his cardiology visit next month and I am wondering how well he will cooperate for the x-ray and ekg...
hugs & prayers,
Christina
Michele and Kenny,
We are so glad to hear about Taryn and how well the appointment went!! She is just a little sweetheart and we love her so much! About the sternum--we're so grateful that is just minor in exchange for her life!! Besides, as she grows, she will probably get used to it. Give her a kiss for us!!
Love,
Mom and Dad
I am sure by the time you got to the appointment, you just wanted to turn around and go home, put the covers over your head and pray for tomorrow to come. However, I am glad to read that all went well and that she is doing so well. . .whew it's nice to get some good news.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment