skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Update on Taryn
Taryn had a sedated echo cardiogram and all those other fun tests with Cardiology two weeks ago (yep, I'm behind). She did really well once they finally got her under, it's the WAITING that's the hard part! I know the drill, that's what you do at the hospital...wait. I just wish they could put the kids who are fasting (especially those who are too young to know what that is and why their mom won't give them food) on a "fast track" and knock them out in less than two hours from the time they arrive. She was done being distracted by bubbles and sprawled out on the floor begging to "EAT" when the IV team finally arrived...they thought that was so cute! Yea, right! During her last sedated echo she woke up before the test was over so the NP's decided to give her the maximum dose of Nembutal for her size, which worked so well that she was "phase one" (out cold) for more than an hour and a half after the test was done! I was really wishing I could have a nap myself, no medication needed here, but got to hang out and visit with the NP's in recovery instead since they had to monitor her closely until she woke up. She was a bit groggy acted like a drunk the rest of the day, which her older siblings got a big kick out of! I have to admit that she's pretty goofy when she's sober so it was rather entertaining. We were out of PCMC in just under five hours, not too bad.As for the important stuff...Dr. Saarel, her Cardiologist, said that all of her tests look good. The only concern is a narrowing in her pulmonary artery. The narrowing occurs where the temporary band was placed during her first surgery and removed during the second. They were hoping it would stretch back out but it hasn't and likely won't. For now it is not a big concern as her oxygen saturation levels look good. They'll continue to monitor that as she grows. Speaking of growing, most everyone at the hospital comments on how big she is and how good she looks. Dr. Saarel says that Taryn sure didn't get the memo on how kids with heart defects are suppose to look and act! She continues to defy the odds, and for that we feel very blessed and are so very grateful!
2 comments:
Yea for a good update. I am glad she didn't get the heart kid memo! Good job Taryn.
Hugs & Prayers,
Christina
I am so glad that she is doing so well. She looks so cute in the pics.
Post a Comment