Thursday, March 5, 2009

"Mom, the ceiling is dripping..."

Yep, that may be my least favorite thing to hear! Oh yes, I've heard it way too many times! You see PLUMBING PROBLEMS are our nemesis, our "issue", whatever you want to call it. My personal belief is that everyone has something that they are cursed to deal with time and time again...car problems...health problems...ours is water. We have had FIVE plumbing/water disasters with damage (I'm not talking flooded toilets here) since we moved less than two years ago. I know what you're thinking...but it's not the house...it's us! This is actually an improvement from our old house. Our basement at the old house flooded nine times...one of those the city sewer backed up over five inches of lovely sewer water into our basement! Ah...memories! When we moved we had high hopes that the plumbing problems were behind us, nope, now they're ABOVE us, literally. The last four issues have all involved water raining down from above. A few weeks ago the main water line in our house got a leak. The plumber tried to assure me that this was a rare occurrence...yep, that would be par for the course for us. Needless to say the wall suffered a bit of damage and a huge section of the hall ceiling has to be replaced. Yes, this would be in the basement that I was DONE painting. Guess how excited I am to patch, re texture and repaint? Fun times!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Yikes! We have the car issues. My sister says we should just walk everywhere and not even bother with cars anymore. We always by an extended warranty now. Lucky you with water problems (I think I'll stick with the cars... :)

Hugs & Prayers,
Christina

Lissagerl said...

Bummer!! Maybe you should start specifically praying for no water issues :)

Julie said...

I have a friend here in Fernley who has that same nemesis! Good luck with all of the repairs!!!

LeRoy & Anne Welling said...

Michele,
Loved the pictures and we thought that that was a good thing for you to tell everyone about so that we could all pray for you and your water problems!
Love,
Mom and Dad